MAYA TO TERRAGEN CAMERA EXPORT
Made with Maya 2023
This MEL script exports camera animation and render settings to perfectly match scenes between Maya and Terragen.
The script works starting from Terragen2
To match exactly the motion curves, the script bakes the camera animation so you'll have a keyframe every frame. In addition the script changes the rotation order matrix to ZXY (without any change in the animation) because this is Terragen rotation order by default.
The script exports a camera .tgc node file and a render.tgc node file with Maya render settings to match the exact frame and aspect ratio of the final image.
1) Select the camera you want to export
2) set render settings (Image Size Width and Height)
3) Load the script into Maya Script Editor
4) Execute the script
5) Select a folder where the files will be saved
6) Click on "Open" button
1) delete current Render camera and Render nodes
2) load new camera and render .tgc files from the Terragen File menu or by right clicking inside newtwork view
3) attach new camera node into new render node
4) in the camera panel you have to manually change "Film aperture in mm" settings and set both values as in Maya camera settings (e.g. 36 and 24 mm)
when import rendered sequence as imagePlane in Maya:
in cameraShape/Film back you have to set "Fit Resolution Gate" to horizontal
in imagePlaneShape/Placement you need to set "Fit" to "To Size" and click on "Fit to Resolution Gate"